REACh: New SVHCs added to Candidate List
27. Juli 2018
ECHA has added eight new SVHCs to the Candidate List following the SVHC identification process with the involvement of the Member State Committee (MSC).
Two further substances, TMA and DCHP, have also been added to the list, having been identified as SVHCs by the European Commission due to their respiratory sensitising properties and toxic for reproduction and endocrine-disrupting properties, respectively. The Commission’s decision follows the referral of the MSC opinions on these SVHC proposals in 2016.
The newly added SVHCs are:
- D4 / Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane – EC Nr. 209-136-7
- D5 / Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane – EC Nr. 208-764-9
- D6 / Dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxan – EC Nr. 208-762-8
- Lead – EC Nr. 231-100-4
- Disodium octaborate – EC Nr. 234-541-0
- Benzo[ghi]perylene – EC Nr. 205-883-8
- Terphenyl hydrogenated – EC Nr. 262-967-7
- Ethylenediamine (EDA) – EC Nr. 203-468-6
- Benzene-1,2,4-tricarboxylic acid 1,2 anhydride (trimellitic anhydride) (TMA) – EC Nr. 209-008-0
- Dicyclohexyl phthalate (DCHP) – EC Nr. 201-545-9