REACh: Now 209 SVHCs - SCIP Database
July 31, 2020
Although the inclusion in the candidate list does not yet mean that the manufacturers and/or importers concerned are subject to authorization, FBDi expressly refers to immediate obligations for companies in connection with the substances on the candidate list. Manufacturers and processors of the substances must provide information on the use of the SVHC in the supply chain. In addition, they are - as things stand today - obliged to notify products containing SVHCs in ECHA's SCIP database from January 2021 onwards, if they manufacture them within the EU or import them into the EU. Already today, they have to register within the EU and:
- provide a safety data sheet (immediately, if substances or mixtures),
- provide information on safe use (immediately, if necessary),
- in the B2B area, provide information on SVHCs containing them without delay and unsolicited,
- respond to consumer enquiries within 45 days, and
- notify ECHA (within 6 months if SHVC.quantity >1t/year).
This applies both to the listed substances as such and to mixtures and articles containing the substances in concentrations above 0.1% (w/w).
- 1-Vinylimidazole (EC No 214-012-0 / CAS No 1072-63-5)
- 2-methylimidazoles (EC No 211-765-7 / CAS No 693-98-1)
- Dibutylbis(pentane-2,4-dionato-O,O')tin (EC No 245-152-0 / CAS No 22673-19-4)
- Butyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (EC No. 202-318-7 / CAS No. 94-26-8) - has a harmful effect on the endocrine system. It is used, among other things, in the manufacture and preservation of products used in cosmetics and personal care products.